The Ultimate Lego movie making and editing experience
▪ Learners must have access to all the following mandatory items:
▪ A Mac desktop or Mac laptop computer with the free iMovie software installed (version 10.2.1)
▪ A phone or tablet with the free Stop Motion Studio app installed. (Compatible with Apple or Android devices.)
▪ A tripod, grip, or homemade stand to hold the phone/tablet upright, in landscape mode (Google “homemade phone stand” for easy ideas)
▪ Any LEGOS to use in animation.
▪ (If needed) An adult in the home who is proficient at tasks like uploading and attaching files, and available to help your Learner if necessary. Instruction will be provided, but some Learners benefit from additional in-person help when these tasks are new to them.
- Students will learn the history and mechanics of stop-motion animation, and how it applies to the modern animation techniques they will use in their filmmaking. Next, they will break down the elements of storytelling, and will outline stories for their own short movies. Last, students will watch a live in-class demo of how to animate their LEGOS, including best practices for lighting, in-camera effects, and shooting techniques.
AT HOME - WEEK 1
AT HOME - WEEK 2
AT HOME - WEEK 3
Duration 4 weeks
Enrolled 0 student
More Courses You Might Like
3D Game Design with Unity
we will teach foundational topics in programming video games in 2d motion, collision detection, and artificial intelligence.
Intro to Filmmaking and Editing
students will first be introduced to filmmaking and editing in a nutshell.
3D Game Design and Coding
This class is an entry point into the world of game design and coding for your kids.